Department: Front Office
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full time
A qualified candidate would have significant experience planning and coordinating a variety of events including wedding receptions, tailgates, corporate and charitable events as well as large scale events with up to 400+ attendees. Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photography, and WordPress are not necessary but ideal.
Badger State Brewing takes our core values very seriously. All team members are expected to embrace and embody these values each and every day: Engaging and fostering growth in our community through our products, events, and outreach – Promoting and contributing to a creative work environment that creates a world-class customer experience – Pursuing the creation of exceptional beer, catching greatness along the way.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Meeting with potential clients looking for event place, selling what we have to offer and discovering their event needs and how we can best serve them
- Designing promotional posters for brewery events both large and small
- Fulfilling contracts and securing deposits
- Keeping an organized, shared event calendar in a timely manner with the Badger State staff that include all pertinent information
- Seeing an event through to its conclusion to assure it runs smoothly and meets our client’s needs as well as addressing any problems that may arise
- Perform end of event walk-through to verify everything is in order and space is not damaged
- Coordinating other Badger State staff members before, during and after events
- Able to lead tours, relay historical and industry facts, answers guests’ questions; manages public safety during tours with strong crowd control and public speaking skills.
- Able to manage ticketing, mailing, and logistics lists prior to events; monitors registration, box office, VIP lists and ID verification at time of event.
- Passion for Badger State Brewing and the craft beer business; demonstrated capacity to cultivate strong relationships inside and outside of the organization.
- Must be able to assist in managing gift shop, which includes stocking and reordering products and merchandise
- Must be available on nights and weekends as well as some holidays
- Customer service background
- Basic functional knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong willingness to learn on the job and perform in stressful situations.
- Being detail oriented
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to multitask and handle coordinating multiple large events at one time
- Experience working with caterers and table/equipment rentals
- A minimum of 2 years of event planning experience: including the organization, planning and successful execution of events (beer business/hospitality background preferred).
- Retail/inventory experience not necessary but beneficial
- Adobe Illustrator experience not necessary but beneficial
- Adobe InDesign experience not necessary but beneficial
- WordPress experience not necessary but beneficial
Badger State Brewing is a rapidly growing craft brewery with immense opportunity for all employees to share in said growth. Wages and salary will be determined based on experience.